My Wife, My Muse

I just looked up the definition for muse and it said that a muse is a “a woman, or a force personified as a woman, who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist.”  The thought struck me that although I am not a true artist, my wife is my muse.  She inspires me now and has inspired me for the last eight years to continue to grow, to better myself, and to continue to push myself outside of my comfort zone and on to new heights in my career, although I was quite the lazy person when we both met.

My wife is my muse, which means she is my example on how I should desire to live.  She is a force within herself, whether she realizes this truth or accepts this truth or not, that has struck me and caused me to change courses in my life.  If I am artist molding ‘life’ as if life is a piece of clay waiting to be molded by me to represent something beautiful, then I need no other person to pose for me than my beloved.  Whether she stands still or moves in a way that is indicative of her beautiful soul, her light radiates in a way that causes me to gaze at her and desire to have some of her glowing brilliance for myself.

This woman, God-made, and God-fearing woman, is my destiny.  She is my life.  She is the fulfillment that I had been waiting for before I knew that I needed something fulfilling.  Thanks be to God for the work His hands have made.

12 Comments Add yours

1. Now that was really beautiful. Great post. It made me smile.

Liked by 1 person

1. jadanner1 says:

Thank you very much, Ms. Fisher!

Liked by 1 person

1. It was my pleasure!

Liked by 1 person

2. lincahceria5 says:

This is amazing. Lucky you are to find each other.

Liked by 1 person

1. jadanner1 says:

Amen to that! Thank you!

Liked by 1 person

3. Such a lovely tribute to your wife.

Liked by 1 person

1. jadanner1 says:

Thank you, ma’am! She deserves a tribute, although she will probably never know about it. Thank you for reading it.

Liked by 1 person

1. It was a pleasure. Aren’t you going to read it to her?

Liked by 1 person

2. jadanner1 says:

To be honest, I rarely get the chance to read to her what I have written. We get busy and sometimes I will read her other articles for conversation and to help us think through issues. I may read this to her. Thank you!

Liked by 1 person

3. I’m sure she’ll love it 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. jadanner1 says:

Thank you for the encouragement!

Liked by 1 person